Saturday, February 4, 2012

Anasesem: The Caribbean Children Ezine

Two years ago while looking for information on Caribbean Literature, I discovered Caribbean Literary Salon, a specialized social network where Caribbean writers, scholars and people like me who are interested in this field can share and read about interesting topics in Caribbean studies.  It was here that I discovered Anasesem, an e-zine created by Summer Edwards that promotes Caribbean Children’s Literature.
                This e-zine publishes original stories and poems by adults and children related to the Caribbean.  In the site you will find the guidelines for publishing not only your stories but illustrations.  Also this site has a bookstore that posts Caribbean books that Amazon has available.  What makes this bookstore unique for me is that Edwards has categorized the books by countries.  So if you are interested in finding what books are available in Amazon about Puerto Rican children’s literature, just click Puerto Rico.
                I love this site because it also provides interviews and book reviews in this fascinating area of study.  It has given me the opportunity to know the new books published in this field as well to get acquainted with the writers.  It has also given me the opportunity to publish some of my stories like in this edition that appears in this edition which I wrote when I taught Children’s Literature in 2009 as an example to pour quoi tales for the Teacher Candidates.
                I hope you will get motivated in also writing stories for children and submitting it to this e-zine.  Ms. Summer recently commented that one Anasesem’s goals for this year are to have more collaboration from children in the magazine. This is a great opportunity for our Teacher Candidates that are in Practice Teaching to motivate their students into creative writing.  I would love to see works from Puerto Rico published in Anasesem. Anasesem is now accepting submissions for their May issue.
                Anasesem also can be found in Facebook.



No comments:

Post a Comment